The State Chapter of the National Career Development Association
A Time To Rebuild
Dear GCDA Members and Prospective Members,
It is a pleasure to serve as the President for the 2022-2023 season for all of you. When I am asked to describe GCDA I first share that:
“GCDA is made up of the nicest group of people. They were so welcoming at my first event. I felt like I belonged and have felt like I belong ever since.”
I hear over and over that post-pandemic, we are all doing some similar things:
● Taking time to consider if we want to do something
● Taking time to consider if we have to do something
● Trying to find the enthusiasm to do something
● Trying to be at peace with decisions and circumstances for ourselves
None of these thoughts are positive or negative. They are different for each of us. For some members, the Pandemic has been a time to build new adventures in our careers and pursue interests we longed to have the time to pursue. For others, it has been a time requiring kindness to ourselves to process loss in different quantities and corners of our lives. For most, it’s been a mix of it all.
We are all rebuilding. GCDA is rebuilding too. We have begun slowly this Fall and are gaining momentum to inspire you in thought or action:
● Our Fall Kickoff event will soon be offered as our first On-Demand Course.
● We are working on cross-collaboration partnerships with organizations in Georgia, creating opportunities for our active members to share their talents in the Career space this Spring and Summer.
● We have woven in-person events back into our Coffee and Conversations and have hit the road to host a Friday Coffee in the North, South, East, and West.
● Our Book Club is reading Why Women Don’t Ask by Linda Babcock.
● Mini-Conference: you can pencil in Friday April 14 as we confirm our Keynote speaker - it’s a GREAT one!.
● Articles from our Email Newsletters have been picked up by NCDA.
● We are updating our website and communications plan - slowly.
● There is more to come and great energy in our members and volunteer Board.
Now is a great time to renew your membership for yourself at www.thegcda.org to experience the knowledge and insight that GCDA inspires. We’d love to have you dive into:
● Help plan the Mini-Conference
● Complete a Call for Proposals for the Mini-Conference
● Host a Coffee & Conversation Virtual or In-person
● Write an Article for our Newsletter
● Help us build content for the website.
● Be our Treasurer or Social Media Coordinator.
Please reach out to me at email@example.com or any member of the Board. I look forward to seeing each of you this year and beyond.
GCDA President & Board
Anne M. Kelly | President GCDA | amkcoach career & leadership coaching, llc