as our 2022-23 Kick-off Speaker
Virtual via Zoom
Wednesday, October 12
12 noon - 2 pm
In this two hour session, Robin will take us through the ins and outs of federal job searching to ensure our clients are a good match, qualified, and present themselves accurately and powerfully to the hiring agency with a great resume.
Part 1. How to find Federal jobs for your clients:
- Where to look for Federal jobs
- 8 Steps to read and match your client’s background to a job announcement
- Strategies if your client is not a match
Part 2. Introduction to how to write Federal resumes
- USAJobs login and profile
- Federal resume and application requirements
- Parts of a federal resume/online application
- Differences between civilian (non-federal) and federal resumes
- Creating a resume questionnaire and getting answers from a client
- Federal resume examples
- Determine if your client is right for a federal job
- How to match your client to the right federal job
- How to write a federal resume that highlights your client’s knowledge, skills, and abilities, so they have the best chance to get the job they want
Attendees will get copies of the slides, a checklist with instructions on how to select appropriate Federal jobs, resume samples, a questionnaire for preparing background information for a Federal job, and a Federal resume template
About Robin Schlinger, MCD, CMRW, CFRW, CPRW, CECC, JCTC
Robin received her Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering from MIT and has gone on to become a Master Career Director, Certified Master Resume Writer, Certified Federal Resume Write, Certified Professional Resume Writer, Certified Electronic Career Coach, and Job and Career Transition Coach.
Her expertise in this area is unsurpassed and we are glad to welcome her to start our 2022-23 Kick-off!
Please note: This webinar series presumes some prior knowledge of resume writing.